Sunday, October 11, 2009

Homesick

I'm a little concerned that being home for this break is going to make me homesick once I get back to school. It's kind of funny, because I didn't really expect that I would get homesick. I'm not unhealthily attached to my parents/family, although I do love them a lot and get along with them well. But I worked so hard to be able to go away to school and pay rent and all of that, so I thought that I would just appreciate it so much and have such a great time that I wouldn't really be missing home.

But now, I feel like I'll be so sad when I leave. I only have a few more hours left at home before I have to return to school, and even though I do really appreciate the opportunity and I enjoy my classes and my friends, I am really going to miss my family. I guess that's a good thing though; better to miss them and look forward to the time that we can spend together than not to get along with them and be frustrated that I ever have to come home on breaks. That's a good way of looking at it...

4 comments:

Simply Valorie said...

That's definitely a good way of looking at it. :)

I'm *always* homesick for a few days after I go home and visit family. But I know that just means that we've got a good bond. Cherish it. :)

JenJen said...

You will be ok!!

la aventurista said...

Thanks guys! Yeah, now that I've been back a few days, I feel fine, but yeah it's just a reminder that I should cherish the time I do have! And yep, I will be okay :)

Nina Designs + Parties said...

It's good to be homesick.
I've been away from my country for 10 years now, and I'm almost never homesick, and that's not good either...
you'll be ok.