Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Slacker Tuesday

I'm ashamed to say that for the third week in a row, I've missed out on Stick 'Em Up Tuesdays. I've been busy. Sue me.

Anyway, I promise I'll get back to that one of these Tuesdays, but for now, I'm just going to vent a little.

I am not naive enough to think that just because I'm in college now, everyone will grow up and be civil to each other. Obviously, and unfortunately, that is not the case. There are plenty of adults, past college-aged included, that treat each other with ridiculous amounts of malice and are just plain rude. Albeit, sometimes rude behavior is warranted, whether or not it is the right response, but I just do not understand some rudeness.

For example, when walking around your college campus, why would you ever feel that it was necessary to make eye contact with and then completely fail to acknowledge somebody that you know on a first-name basis? This has happened to me 3 times this week with 2 different girls. Obviously, there are times when you pass somebody in the hall and they are just not paying attention and do not realize that they've passed you without acknowledging you, but I have met and hung out in mutual-friend situations with both of these girls before, and both of them have looked me in the face, pointedly avoided even waving, and continued on their way.

It's shameful, honestly. Especially for people who call themselves Christians. God calls us to be gracious and loving to everyone, especially one another. How can someone who claims to believe that intentionally ignore another human being? What's the deal, mean girls?!

6 comments:

JennyMac said...

ahhh.the spirit of hypocrisy. I know many a believer who knows that spirit well. Its sad, isnt it?

la aventurista said...

It IS sad...obviously no one is perfect, so anyone is going to have some elements of hypocrisy lurking around, but with things like that, which are so easily remedied, I just get so frustrated!

Raine said...

thats lousy

Raine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
la aventurista said...

Yeah, very lousy!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel! I got to a Catholic university and the same type of thing goes on there. I mean does it really take THAT much effort just to say hello, or even smile?