Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let Me Tell You a Hilarious Story

Amidst all the end-of-the-semester cramming for finals and finishing of projects, etc, I had to pause and share a really funny story about my crazy seester with you all. Seester is a mere 18 months younger than I am, so we have the joy of sharing a huge amount of our lives together. Maybe way too much. Anywho...

A few months ago, my sister and I were riding along in the car, and a song that she liked came on the radio. This song, to be precise. In case you are familiar, here's the chorus:


i know sometimes its gonna rain,
but baby can we make up now cause i can't sleep through the pain.
girl i don't wanna go to bed, mad at you
and i don't want you to go to bed, mad at me
no i don't wanna go to bed, mad at you
and i don't want you to go to bed, mad at me

After we finish listening to it, the conversation went something like this:

Seester: Don't you love it!?
Me: Uh yeah, sure, it's nice.
Seester:You know that's my philosophy. I thought about it, and it's such a good idea to work things out before you go to sleep at night. You know, make sure you talk through them. That may be the best thing I ever thought of by myself.
Me: Uhh, sis, you didn't think of it.
Seester: What!? I totally thought of it before you did!
Me: Does the phrase "don't let the sun go down on your anger" sound familiar at all?
Seester: Are you serious?!? Aww man! Here I was thinking I was so philosophical and awesome and I totally stole it from the Bible!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it, my crazy, Bible-quote-stealing Seester.

4 comments:

Misstarii said...

Ha! I bet i've stolen a bible quote before thinking i invented it.
I also believe in not letting th sun go down while i'm still angry at someone esp those i love.

Raine said...

You know i tried and tried not going to bed angry, but truth be told, sleep reallly calmed me down and in the morning we could look at the situation with fresh eyes.

Then I got divorced, so maybe thats not the best example :D

Mr. Condescending said...

The bible rules!

Ebony said...

lol. cute story!

p.s. i left you an award on my blog. :)