Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rocky, what goes on in your head?

As inspired by Mama Kat's weekly writing prompt.

Rocky, my dearest reptilian friend (box turtle), you perplex me.

First of all, you hibernate. What does your brain do during this time? Do you have cool dreams or do you just get really, really bored?

Secondly, what's it like to be cold-blooded? I'm sorry I love the air-conditioner so much in the summer time, that must be kind of chilly for you. And I'm sorry that I forgot your heat lamp at home.

Do you like our new living arrangements in the Dollhouse? If not, I apologize, since you have been acting kind of funny lately, and I can't tell if it's because you're about to go into hibernation, or if you're just being lazy these days. Or if you hate me for moving you here, when you were perfectly happy back home.

What's it like to have a shell? Does it annoy you when it makes you trip and walk clumsily?

Do you miss your mom?

Are you lonely?

What does Roomie do when I'm gone? Anything embarrassing?

And last, but not least, would you be opposed to sharing my love with a puppy?

Love always,

me

6 comments:

Nina Designs + Parties said...

Oh, that's so cute!!!
any pictures of your turtle?
I never had one, but i'm curious.
Sometimes I also would like to know what my dog Patrick thinks....

la aventurista said...

I actually don't think I've taken any lately, but I'll have to get some and update you with them! :)

Tracie said...

Cute post! I almost did this one for my son's hamster. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

I never thought about a turtle getting bored during hibernation. Don't get a puppy. Way too much work!!!

Naked Truth said...

I wonder about my fish that lives in the bowl on my desk at work... I mean there is NO action here on the weekends.... does he get bored? LoL

la aventurista said...

@Margaret: I'm not planning on getting a puppy, my roommate may be though :)

@Naked Truth: That's really funny, I wonder if fish even really notice anything outside of the tank? Must be rough...