Monday, September 21, 2009

Totally Awkward Tuesday

Well, amidst all of my studies, I somehow found the time to continue to share an awkward story with you all. Although Tova Darling, the founder of Totally Awkward Tuesday, seems to be down for the TAT count, awkward things keep happening to me (seriously Tova, we miss you! Come back!). Go figure, huh? These days, NINA over at Nina's Theories has been posting the McLinky with all of your awkward stories on her blog, so go check her out :).

Now, as you can imagine, starting school at a university with 15,000 other undergrads has plenty of potential for awkward situations. Especially when you consider all of the young men and women looking for "that special someone" to start the semester off right with (at least that's what the girls are generally looking for--I have a feeling the guys are looking for something a littler less serious). Some of you may remember that I already have a special someone, the boyfriend, who has been for a while now. I'm sure to some girls, this would be no hindrance to finding someone else to pal around with for a while, but I'm a pretty faithful woman, and I'm perfectly satisfied with my man now. In other words, I'm not looking.

In light of that, I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression, however I'm not against making some new friends either, whether male or female. So, when one of my professors suggested that we all get in groups to complete an assignment, and the only person around me who remained group-less like myself, was the guy a few seats over, who I'd never spoken to in my life. So we did that awkward introduction, we have to do this group, thing and made small talk for a few minutes until the whole class reconvened.

As class ended, said guy got up, asking me if this was my last class for the day (it was a Friday) and what I was up to afterward.

Talk about red flags! He may have just been being friendly, but I wasn't about to take my chances. So I said, "yep it's my last class, have a great weekend!" and hustled as quickly as I could in the opposite direction, despite his shocked, "why is this girl running away from me?" look. Ooops, sorry pal. I hope we can be friends?

So yeah, in hindsight, that may not have been the best way to handle that situation...

3 comments:

Nina Designs + Parties said...

Haha..College days, I remember them...funny times.
Although I suggest never to close doors, you never know...

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

smoooooth operatah...


:)


COme join us for post it note tuesday!!

supah

Raine said...

maybe you can be friends next week ;-)