Thursday, August 27, 2009

5 Best Things About the First Day of School

I decided to do something new (to me) in blog-world today and write on one of Mama Kat's prompts that she provides a list of every week. I chose the "5 Best Things About the First Day of School," since I just had a first day of school on Monday!

Here goes:

1. New school supplies! This might make me dorky or something, but I love new pens, binders, and notebooks. Too bad you usually have to use them for homework (eww).

2. New friends--you know, your fellow classmates, who have to endure the same torture that you do, so you band together as a result.

3. First day of college usually means new furniture (this year anyway...), which I love with every fiber of my being.

4. Learning things! I know this sounds totally lame, but learning is pretty cool when you think about it. Especially since I'm privileged enough to be able to go to college, as many people don't get that opportunity.

5. Fun college-campus activies: sporting events, campus-wide block parties, the list goes on and on. It's never boring!

Other than that, the first week is going well. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I signed up for the 7:40 am class on Tues/Thurs, but I get the feeling I'm going to need a stronger alarm. Otherwise, all is well thus far! Enjoy your week :)

4 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

New school supplies rock! Not dorky at all.

Oh and learning things is pretty awesome, too.

Ebony said...

It's so refreshing to come across someone who is excited about school!

Nina Designs + Parties said...

Haha! love the new school supplies...I wonder how we can get so excited about a new pen or notebook...

and answering your question abour random posts...
I'm posting with old dates so i can make my menu bar work. i changed the design so i had to do it, but its only 4 posts, so you wont be getting them no more.

xox Nina

Raine said...

Sounds like your having fun! School supplies maybe dorky but I get excited over pippets, so no worries. No one is judging here!