Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy.

Well, I'm back from the last vacation-ing that I'll be doing for a while! Yes, very sad, I know. I completely missed this week's Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesday as well, and I'm very sorry about that! But what's done is done. I do have a fantastically funny (now, anyway) story from vacation for you though.

First, you should know that I went to the beach this past week with my boyfriend and his family. And I mean his whole family. Let me break this down for you...the boyfriend is the youngest of four siblings, who are all adults, 3 of which are married, 2 of which have families of their own. One of these families has 4 kids and the other has 5, making a total of 9 youngsters ranging in ages from 1-14. In addition, both of my boyfriend's grandmothers and his parents accompanied us on vacation as well. In case your head hurts, or your math skills are comparable to my own, that equals 19 people. Not such a big number, you might say? Did I mention that all of these 19 people (including small children) stayed in the same, 3 bedroom beach house?

And actually, it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be! I'm usually pretty optimistic and I like to think that I have a good attitude most of the time, but I'll be the first to admit, I was not thinking that having so many people in one house was going to be a good idea. But everyone was somehow fit in (including people sleeping in sunrooms and attics, on couches and air beds) and everything went pretty well.

My boyfriend's mother instructed us that I would be sharing the laundry room with my boyfriend's 13-year-old niece. Yes, ladies and gentleman, I would be sleeping in the laundry room. On vacation. Once I realized there was an actual bed involved, this was not so surprising to me. Due to the rather large size of the laundry room, a full bed was pushed into the corner of it. While I was frustrated at first to have to share a bed, since I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep recently, it ended up working out fine since I really enjoy his niece and we had a grand old time. Well, if you're ever seen Dan in Real Life, then you have the perfect picture of the situation I found myself in when my boyfriend's mother decided that a load of clothes needed to go in the dryer at 7 o'clock in the morning on our vacation. I probably don't need to remind you how noisy dryers are (not the new, nice, quiet kind), especially when you're sound asleep less than three feet from them.

Needless to say, I was not thrilled when it happened. But now I think it's pretty funny, so no harm done.

Ebony over at Sizzling Publications tagged me in Six Things That Make You Happy, so here you are:

1. my turtle

2. my boyfriend

3. my bed...ahhh

4. the beach

5. my family

6. new furniture

I'm also supposed to tag 6 people whose blogs make me happy, but I don't follow enough blogs apparently, because many of the people I would have tagged have already been tagged. So until my blogging popularity increases (or if it does...), I'll have to remain tag-less. Sorry to disappoint!

5 comments:

Ebony said...

wow. 19 people and 3 bedrooms! god bless you.

JenJen said...

I love your "new furniture" one. I love that too!

la aventurista said...

Isn't it great! Since I'm living off campus at school, I got to get a bunch of new furniture and was very excited about that!

Raine said...

I love that you actually lived a scene in dan in real life - too funny!

la aventurista said...

I thought so too! I laughed and laughed.