Monday, August 31, 2009

Please Note

The grand opening for Liberty's very own SnowFlex was this past weekend. Basically, it's a synthetic ski slope, the first of its kind in the U.S., that can be used all year long, regardless of temperature. Looks pretty sweet to me! I guess I need to lug my snowboard here to school with me next time I make a trip home so that I can be a part of the fun! It's also nice because it's only $2/hr for students to ski or snowboard. While it's not a full set of slopes like a ski resort would be, that's still super cheap! My college budget loves it!

It's also Spiritual Emphasis week, a sort of spiritual kick in the pants to start off the year. There are services tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday night with a special guest speaker, whom I've heard is really great. I didn't get around to checking it out tonight, but I'm thinking about going tomorrow and Wednesday to see what it's all about. Besides, it can't hurt to get a little extra dose of Jesus a few times during the week ;).

Speaking of which, I'm really enjoying being here so far! I had a lot of reservations about everything at first/right before I got here, I'm really enjoying the whole experience so far. I really like my classes, and I love that they're taught from a Christian perspective, even if I disagree with a few of the rules. And even that isn't bad, because many of them are not enforced as harshly as they appear to be on paper. Not bad.

I figured out the Google Reader thing! It's great! If you don't already have one of these delightful creations set up, just click here, and sign in with your Google account (whichever email that's hooked up to your blogger account). All the blogs you follow will be in one place, and you can read them as you go, entry by entry, like one big email account of blog entries. I'm sure that most of you know of/have one of these already, but I just figured mine out and it makes my life a lot easier, so hush and pretend you just found out about it!

I really miss my dog.

1 comment:

Raine said...

that snowflex looks AWESOME! im totally jealous!