Thursday, August 20, 2009

one day down...err...too many to count to go

So my first full day as an official Liberty student went pretty well. Okay, I'm lying, it was pretty rough. I woke up to a phone call that my dad had to go to the hospital back home and received a call from my own doctor's office letting me know that I have some pretty crazy things going on with my thyroid. Did I mention that this is the first time I've ever been away from home? Needless to say, when you add that to the drama of moving in here that began yesterday, you get a recipe for a pretty bad way to start off the whole "college experience." I'm thanking God that my boyfriend is here with me, so that I had a least one person I know and trust to hug when I got all this crazy news.

Thankfully, my dad is okay and is back at home again after many long hours, my thyroid will be fine, I'm sure, and the Dollhouse situation seems to be worked out as well. And I was feeling pretty good because I found my way around campus by myself pretty well and navigated getting my parking permit, student ID, and picking up the books I'd ordered (all in separate places, by the way). Tomorrow I have to go to transfer orienation, which will likely be a long, boring session of information that we didn't really need to know. But thus is life, I suppose.

No comments: