Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Totally Awkward Tuesdays!

Once again, this Tuesday caught me by surprise. I've been so busy with getting ready for classes and going to classes and trying to get from one side of the campus to another, that I nearly forgot about my TAT! Check out Tova Darling's blog for the full Totally Awkward Tuesday story.

My story was my first awkward college experience. Unfortunately for me, there are probably many more to follow. Anyway, my new roomie and I share the basement of The Dollhouse, as I like to refer to the single family home that the 5 of us rent out. In the basement, there is a large main room that two of us share as a bed/living area, and a smaller, unfinished room that we've converted into a TV/sitting area.

My boyfriend and I were sitting on the couch, watching some TV (and that is all!), when my roomie got home. She had 2 of her friends with her and after all the introductions were made, she announced that it was gross how she always has to come home to my boyfriend and I making out (this has never actually occurred). My roomie is tricky, and very sarcastic (but I love her). Since we had just met her friends, this made for a very awkward few minutes, but thankfully her friends know exactly how she is and just shrugged it off and laughed. Silly roomie...

Tuesday/Thursdays are my looong days for classes, (5, to be exact) so I'm on campus taking a break in the computer lab/library. So far, I really like my classes. Even though there are a couple of the mandatory freshman classes that everyone thinks are really lame and extremely easily (thank God for that), those seem to be pretty interesting as well. We'll see!

5 comments:

Ebony said...

congrats on your new college! and congrats on surviving your roomates sarcasm...

la aventurista said...

thanks! haha she's great...totally cracks me up, even if it makes for a few awkward stories!

Nina Designs + Parties said...

it's great to have such a weird person for a roomie...great blog story source!
(hope she doesnt get to read this...)

xox nina

Claudya Martinez said...

Sounds like your roommate has my kind of sense of humor.

la aventurista said...

Hahaha yes, she's a lot of fun and always makes me laugh! Thankfully, most people can tell that she's joking, and that ones that can't make the situation that much funnier!