Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vacations galore!

I apologize in advance for the inordinate amount of parenthesis used in this blog entry

Well, I got back from vacation number one a few hours ago (thank God for the end of the longest car ride ever), and overall it was great! I went surfing for the first time (loved it), got a nice starter tan, and even sent a post card to my pen pal! I felt very accomplished. It was also my boyfriend's first vacation with my family (even though he's been around for a while) and the extended family loves him, the immediate family loves him more; it's really great for all parties involved.

There is some sad news :(. I have (had?) a pet zebra finch, and literally a few hours before we got home, a freak near-tornado swept through our town, with wind speeds we haven't seen in...ever (seriously, one of our trees was completely uprooted), and knocked over the birdcage (they like being outside), causing it to collapse, and allowing my favorite bird-friend to escape! So I was pretty upset upon discovering this, but I'm holding out hope that she'll fly back unharmed when she gets hungry. Or that she at least enjoys her new found freedom to the fullest.

I'm also feeling really productive because my arrival in good ol' Lynchburg, VA for college is closing in and I'm being really good about deadlines for things related. You're allowed to be proud if you want.

And lastly, I leave for vacation numero dos in less than 48 hours (you're allowed to be jealous)! I'm just taking advantage of finally getting to act like a student and have summers off again, so don't judge.

No comments: